Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Work - Day Two

Not a bad second day at all. I guess it's true that the first day is always really hard on people. Maybe I was just lucky to have a good day or maybe it's just me settling down and getting used to my surroundings.

Today was also a productive day. I was given many tasks and even have a list of things to start on in the morning. Awesome! Now maybe I won't be twiddling my thumbs. Today was really interesting because one of the designers took me into the BaB headquarters which is right next door. The business complex where the garage resides is pretty inconspicuous, but don't let that full you. The garage might be a bit small by corporate standards but the BaB HQ was HUGE. Everything you see reminds you of the store, and I mean everything. The walls, trim, all the doors, everything is painted in a pale yellow/navy blue color scheme. Needless to say, it was hella bright in there. On top of that, they had elevated ceilings and skylights. Jealousy! It seemed like a great work environment (if you can stand the yellow) and the office space was filled with a maze of people and material. They also had a wall full of their product, sort of like a hall of fame timeline thing. It was just a really impressive setup. Who knew? The building looks so plain. Never judge a book by its cover. There were a ton of people in there. Now I know where all that traffic comes from on the main street. It's all from them.

I ate at Burger King for lunch while talking on the phone with LP for the duration of my lunch break. BK wasn't exactly my favorite venue but it was the closest thing and I didn't feel like going out and looking for somewhere better.

I also talked to Breia via email all day, and even convinced her to open a gmail account so we could talk on gmail's IM feature (Kels, you need to hit that up, I can talk to Breia and Carter on gmail now. Look alive). Hooray for email. I wonder how anyone in America did business before email. It seems like the world revolves around email in the professional world. Must have been horrible.

Sorry there haven't been any photo updates. Hard to shoot when all I do is work and go home and be lazy. Maybe if I get enough energy to do something after work I will. I did, however, find the energy to go to a camera store that is actually in the plaza right outside my apartment complex. Great, a camera store right next door for me to play in. I got to play around with the Nikon D3 and 14-24 f/2.8! Exciting! That lens is ridiculous on a full frame sensor. Just insane. The store employee seemed to be just as much of a dweeb as me when it comes to camera system enthusiasm. Turns out he freelances live events in the area. I ended up talking with him and this other guy for like a half hour, just standing there in the store and farting around with the D3. I will make another trip there to see how much I can get for my D200.

Anyway, that's really all that's going on.

More to come later.

No comments: